- Why collect information?
- Information collected
- How is information used?
- Sensitive information
- Security of personal information
- How to make a complaint
- How to contact us
1. Your privacy is important to Sequoia Direct Pty Ltd
3. Why does Sequoia Direct Pty Ltd collect personal information?
Our business is to understand and meet our customers’ needs for a range of financial products and services.
We collect personal information to provide you with the products and services you request and to enable us to run our business and improve our products and services
The law also requires us to collect certain personal information.
4. What kind of personal information do we collect?
The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to) name, address, date of birth, contact details, tax and financial statements, tax file numbers, information received from credit reporting agencies, employment details, and details regarding your income, assets and liabilities, account balances, risk profile, investment experience and investment objectives.
We usually obtain personal information directly from our customers through application or other forms, including forms submitted electronically via our website and from maintaining records of information provided in the usual course of business or customer service. We may also obtain information from other sources, including our customer’s advisors, financiers and from credit reporting agencies.
Usually we do not collect “sensitive information”. For more details, see the section ‘Sensitive information is subject to greater restrictions’.
Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products or services.
We may collect personal information by other means from time to time, for example, through market research, surveys or special offers, to enable us to improve our service or consider the wider needs of our customers or potential customers.
5. How do we use personal information and who may we disclose it to?
We generally use and disclose the personal information we hold for the purposes for which it was collected, including to provide our products and services to you and for related purposes, including for reviewing your ongoing needs, to review, develop and improve our business and the goods and services we offer, including to enhance customer service and product options and to give you ongoing information, offerings or opportunities that may be of interest to you. We will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless we are otherwise permitted or required to do so by law.
- members of the Sequoia Direct Pty Ltd group who provide financial and other services;
- financial planners, brokers and anyone else who is authorised by you to review your needs and circumstances from time to time;
- service providers and specialist advisers to Sequoia Direct Pty Ltd who have been contracted to provide Sequoia Direct Pty Ltd with administrative, financial, insurance, research or other services including postal and delivery service providers, suppliers, printers and advertising agencies, information technology service providers, financiers, accountants and auditors, legal advisors and other professional consultants and advisors;
- persons acting on your behalf, including your financial adviser, solicitor and accountant;
- if required or authorised to do so, regulatory bodies and government agencies; and
- credit reporting agencies and insurers (including proposed insurers).
6. Sensitive information
Sensitive information is personal information that relates to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or membership of political associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or activities, criminal records and health and genetic information.
Usually we do not collect sensitive information. If we do collect sensitive information about you we will only use and disclose it for the purpose for which it was collected and purposes directly related to that purpose, or where we have your consent or the use or disclosure is otherwise required or allowed by law.
7. Security of personal information
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, mail, over the internet or other electronic medium. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. However, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
8. Keeping personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date
If any of your personal details change or you discover any errors in your personal information we hold, please contact us as soon as possible to help us keep our records accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We may, if permitted by law, refuse to change our records of your personal information. If we do so, we will provide reasons.
9. You have the right to access your personal information
You have the right to access your personal information held by us and we will generally provide it to you but in some cases we may, where and to the extent we are permitted by law, refuse access to that information. If we do refuse access we will provide reasons.
We may charge a fee for providing you with such access to your personal information.
To make a request, you will need to obtain and complete an application form verifying your identity and specifying what information you require.
10. What if you have a complaint?
To make a complaint, please telephone us on 1300 130 545 or or by email to email@example.com
If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved within 3 business days after you first notified us, please put your complaint in writing addressed to:
- Complaints & Privacy Officer
- Sequoia Direct Pty Ltd
- PO Box R104
- Royal Exchange
- Sydney NSW 1225 Australia
The Complaints & Privacy Officer will discuss your complaint with the relevant personnel and prepare a response.
- Director, Compliance
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner
- GPO Box 5218
- SYDNEY NSW 2001
- Fax: 02 9284 9666
11. How to contact us
If you want to:
- change your personal information
- obtain an application form for access to your personal information
Phone Sequoia Direct Pty Ltd on 1300 130 545 or contact Sequoia Direct Pty Ltd’s Privacy Officer.